Tuesday, August 26, 2008

Once More With Feeling

Reports of the demise of my television career may have been exaggerated. I have just agreed to do a new show which will keep my hands from idleness until January. My current boss is less than enthusiastic by the new project: "Steaming pile of horseshit." Well, possibly. I didn't seek it out, I know the Series Producer and he asked me to do it. Such is the way with this hopeless industry, where the undeserving like yours truly and a million others just land jobs randomly, whereas hundreds of excellent types hunt for them forever. Anyhoo, aside from feeling guilty for robbing work from those who are actually serious about being in TV for the rest of their lives, it looks like it'll be good craic and at the very least it's more cash. Hallelujah. And best of all, it's not for BBC3, so, just possibly, the budget may amount to more than £15 and a mouldy sandwich.

So, I may still be homeless but I have a job. One out of two ain't bad, as Meat Loaf nearly said.

No comments: