Saturday, January 5, 2008

There goes another one

Another year, that is. They have been zooming past quite quickly recently. New Year, new blog and all.

So, back from travelling, and a return to work looming ahead of me, my mother saw fit to buy me a heap of DVDs over Christmas that, I think, more accurately reflect her desperation for grandchildren than my Christmas list. So many Jane Austen adaptations are now on my shelf that I fear I may be in danger of creating some sort of rip in the space/time continuum that will result in an implausibly handsome gentleman bursting through my wall and declaring his love for me. As long as he is wearing a Regency shirt, breeches and boots, as well as a necktie and a forlorn expression, I will absolutely have no problem with this occurence. I am a romantic, really, though, and a big ol' softy so I have succumbed to the inevitable and popped one of them into my (new) player to drain my brain. Happy New Year, one and all.

No comments: