Sunday, June 15, 2008

Why Owning a Car in London is Bad Idea (leaving aside the congestion charge)

"Friday 13th is a lot of shit," said Monkey, being neither a loved one of Tim Russert, nor a non-swimmer in China.

Of course, to blame such disasters on Friday 13th is nonsense. Plenty of catastrophes occur every day. Coming back to one's car in a supermarket carpark at 1am (what, you've never used supermarket carparks for nights out parking?) and finding it so badly smashed into that the driver's door won't shut is a good example. Except that was 1am on...Friday 13th. That thought didn't occur to me as I drove home with four drunken friends in the car, holding my door shut all the way. The consequences - the loss of my no-claims etc etc is actually mortifying to think of. The injustice is overwhelming.

I wish I could say that I handle such hiccups well and with good grace. But I don't.

Whoever did it, I hate your cowardly guts and I hope someone does it to you. Soon.

No comments: